Steinway heavy touch

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:03:32 -0700

Hello Richard,
     Even though it has been assumed by the respondents that this is normal as this is characteristic of Steinway at present, this is not how a Steinway  action from 1886 was designed.  It is much more likely that there is a probably causing the heaviness in the touch for all of the instruments mentioned and that is probably verdigris in the action centers.
Regards, Robin Hufford