Steinway heavy touch

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:48:43 +0200

Farrell wrote:

> Woooooooowah! To the best of my knowledge, Stwy spec for touchweight is 48g DW in high treble, graduating up to 52g DW in bass (or at least something close to that). So, does it not make sense to conclude that something is amiss when you measure 75g DW on notes? Please don't tell me this is "personality".
>
> Terry Farrell

Yes... something is amiss, and we were asked to suggest some solutions. I dont think we were asked about "personality" things at all. In fact... my point was to leave all the personality stufph out of it. So... grin.. no... I wouldnt claim this is personality. And given the fact that the piano so to thee degree was out of spec, I wouldnt start jumping
conclusions relating to the manufacturer either.

Myself... I am not as a whole dissatisfied with what Steinway produces. I am as a whole quite impressed. And I certainly dont see that as an impairment for improvment.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.