Bolduc Block - Bit Size - Torque/ Greg Newell

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:42:12 -0700

Greg,
Although, I have not used Bolduc Pinblock Material, most that I have used,
tend to "render" within a few days and give a lower torque reading. Case in
point: I'm testing a new source for pin driving fluid, ie Aliphatic Resin.
Yesterday, I drilled a scrap piece of Delignet w/a 6.8mm drill, (the usual
appropriate size for this material), It read 115 inch pounds of torque,
immediately after. This morning, (18 hours later), it read out at 85 inch
pounds! Yikes! Not a good reading to get, but I can always do a different
drilling for further tests.
Although, I know, that Bolduc does not react the same as Delignet, the
principals are the same. ALWAYS do some initial testing on a piece of the
scrap pinblock, you are working with, as I've found that each plank is
different.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)