New Screws in New Pinblock

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:30:38 EDT

In a message dated 20/06/03 11:30:27 AM, RNossaman@cox.net writes:

<< Considering the positive reports from those using pin driving fluids when
stringing, wouldn't the same fluid help in softening and lubricating the
pinblock temporarily for the screw installation?

Ron, though an advocate of pin driving 'stuff' I don't believe it would work
well for me.  I typically fit a new block before any other work is done to
plate or screws and any advantage of use of pdf would be negated by the time lag
before final installation.

 I keep several sets of 'old' plate fasteners, in various sizes, for use in
'cutting threads for new screws of like size/pitch. I drill the holes, then the
shank relief, then using a tiny amount of "wool wax" I run in the 'working
screws'. This gives me a threaded hole for new screw installation when the time
comes.
Jim Bryant (FL)