I thought I knew this stuff

Bill Pillmore billpillmore@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:39:54 -0400

I am currently restringing a 1947 S that is original and the plate
markings (including the 2-12 1/2's), the actuall diameters of the
strings and the scale that Steinway sent to restring with had slight
variatons down to about the 15 wire. All three were different.  This led
me to believe that after the plate was printed they were still changing
the scale.   The customer decided to go with Steinways current scale (no
12 1/2's).
Bill Pillmore