Virtual Capstan

antares@euronet.nl antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:17:21 +0200

We will order these magnets immediately on Monday.
Richard has a web site where you can obtain 'his' magnets. They are=20
inexpensive and very strong. I certainly believe in this man! What an=20
invention.
I already forgot about the springs, although I have them in our grand=20
piano.
If this works with the magnets I will remove the springs right away and=20=

replace them with magnets.

EAR

On zaterdag, jun 21, 2003, at 12:15 Europe/Amsterdam, Isaac OLEG wrote:

> Hi, what a great setup !
> =A0
> It may certainly produce the same effect on touch that the assist=20
> springs.
> =A0
> I am unsure of the magnets, I used to buy some ceramic magnets in=20
> time, and they where VERY expensive, and very strong, don't get=20
> demagnetized with time, and so on.
> Are they the same or the same kind, that should price less actually.
> =A0
> Amazing, congratulations Ric.
> =A0
> I may think about it now !
> =A0
> Greetings.
> =A0
>
> Isaac OLEG
>
> Entretien et r=E9paration de pianos.
>
> PianoTech
> 17 rue de Choisy
> 94400 VITRY sur SEINE
> FRANCE
> tel : 033 01 47 18 06 98
> fax : 033 01 47 18 06 90
> cell: 06 60 42 58 77

<image.tiff>
> =A0
>
> Cheers
>
> A good technician friend of mine and I are going to work up a really=20=

> nice installation proceedure and presentation after we finish refining=20=

> this angle on the idea and testing it out on an August Forster Grand.
>
> Total cost... about 3 hours work for installation, and about 40 cents=20=

> a magnet or just under a 150 dollars if you use four as in the=20
> example. Looks to me tho that you could easily use just 3, if not 2=20
> and still get plenty effect while still leaving more then ample space=20=

> for regulating the standard capstan.
>
> --
> Richard Brekne
> RPT, N.P.T.F.