ETD's and an apology

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:17:26 -0400

At 9:21 AM -0400 6/21/03, Donald Lemoine wrote:
>Why should you be sorry, I Understood every part of your message.
>ETDs, Are more accurate, closer to pitch the the human ear, Very
>dependable, Perform other treats that the human ear cant do, Never
>age and loose there hearing, Know how to perform a pitch raise and
>hold for a long periods of time, Which I have found many of my own
>tunings friends to be incapable of doing,	THERE IS NO GUESS
>WORK,

Actually Don, you and Antares are both confused as to what he should
be apologizing for. It was not, as you say, for taking the position
that ETDs perform every bit as well as experienced aural tuners, and
offer other advantages besides.

Antares was apologizing for his reply to Tony Caught's post in the
thread "Re: machines or not? what?", specifically for to mention the
name of his ETD. Those reading Antares' reply did see the ETD's name
spelled out, in Tony's quote of Antares' previous post in the thread.

Antares didn't need to apologize for failing to mention the brand
name of an ETD he was an agent for, that would just be a simple
missed-occasion-to-market. However, I agree with Patrick Draine and
Keith McGavern. If I'm going to listen to someone rhapsodize about a
particular ETD AND if he happens to be an agent for it (no matter how
distant the market), I'd still like to be able to leaven those
opinions with this knowledge.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"So come on down, for the best in fidelity"
     ...........AM radio spot for the local Radio Shack store.
(Thank you, I'll take a space between the last two words.)