Virtual Capstan

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:24:07 +0200

Hello Tom,

Indeed your comment make sense, the lightening is to be supported by the
pianist's hand but indeed the whippen ratio is probably changing, as the
friction between the capstan and whippen heel).
These virtual changes are probably not the same depending the speed the key
is played, but I just suspect it, don't see why it should be.

If there is a reaction time between the magnets then they act as springs are
not they ?

Is there one ???????

I wish I will be experimenting with those before the end of the month .

I showed the setup to Stephen Paulello, and he find the idea very neat, he
experimented once with a magnet driven letoff, that suppress the friction at
the button, but indeed too much problems to be precise and consistent.

Very interesting project, and a generous Richard !

Greetings.

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.