Accu-Just Hitch Pins

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:39:42 -0500

Hi, Roger,
   Does this mean that if I only put in a set of bass strings, I don't have
to detune the treble to take stress off the plate? That would make the job
much easier.

Richard
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Roger Jolly
  Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 7:54 PM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: RE: Accu-Just Hitch Pins

  Hi Richard,
                     It's no big deal, I was erring on the side of caution,
as I have seen some very strange things with the hitch pins over the years.
If Baldwin does not get back to you, contact me off list and I will look up
the data for you.
  Ideally you will need a compound bearing gauge.  That's the one with a
bubble on it.
    You have to get the treble bridge strung, up to pitch, and bearing set,
before you even begin to start on the bass stringing.

  Regards Roger