Maybe they should all try to tune their own pianos....

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:18:37 EDT

Hi all,

I sent a post a couple of weeks ago about going out to tune a piano for a
gentleman who had attempted to tune his own instrument.  He was actually a very
nice guy, and played the piano quite well, and because he had a pretty muusical
ear, he thought it would be a piece o' cake.

I got a call back from him yesterday telling me what a great job I did, and
how "in tune" the piano sounds.  That kind of phone call is always nice to get.
 But it got me to thinking...was it because he had attempted to achieve a
good tuning on his own that he appreciated the work of a professional tuner?

Maybe some of our less appreciative customers should be given a tuning hammer
and allowed to try their luck.  Anybody else ever have this experience?

Dave Stahl