Maybe they should all try to tune their own pianos....

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:32:45 -0400

Dave,

Contrary to several other responses, I don't like to see the customers
fiddling with tuning.

I can only recall running into this situation one time.  The guy with
his own tuning lever had broken several strings.  About two weeks after
I repaired and tuned the piano, he called me and said several notes were
bad and expected me to come tune them up again for free.  No, they
weren't the new strings.  I asked if he had tried to improve my tuning.
First he denied it and insisted that I believe him.  Then he said he
tuned only one string.  Yeah, right!  He was also combative.

I can see where there may be some instances in which it might be okay
for the customer to have their own lever.  I'll think about it (but not
much).  :-)

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger