Regulating Rack Trouble (Korean Piano Rant)

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:18:35 -0400

> When you straighten up those hammers, are you going to realign the whippens
> and the back checks to match the new hammer/string alignment?

That's the plan - I don't think they will be moving very much.

> What's that do
> to the capstan/whippen alignment?

Don't know, but will find out. Again, I don't think things will be moving all that much.

> Are the hammers mated to the strings now?

I'll be visiting the piano with the action tomorrow to do some alignment and bed the keyframe to the keybed - couldn't do any of that too well last time with the stack jammed into the pinblock - although, come to think of it, the keyframe did seem to be in very good contact with the keybed!   ;-)

Thanks for the hammer shank tip - that's what I was looking for.

Terry Farrell