spinet hammer blow

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 13:09:36 +0100

When you ask ,,,, "should I leave well enough alone..." then its good to know
something about the owner, what their needs are, what they can afford... etc.

That said, a question.. how do you know for sure the felt squares that the
hammer rest rail are resting on are origional ?.  They could be of course... but
pushing the hammer rail up this way is a classic quick trick for certain action
conditions that a tech for whatever reason doesnt have the time to address more
thoroughly.

However... if the piano is indeed otherwise just dandy to play on... then why
fix what isnt broke ?

RicB