Fw: Fw: Fw: Baldwin pre-cut string/yamah hammers

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:03:55 EST

In a message dated 11/4/03 6:20:31 PM, michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk writes:

>=20
> Is there any truth in the=A0saying that Yamahas lose their tonal quality o=
ver=20
> a short period? If so this could be a reason...:-0
>=20
>  Regards
>=20
>  Michael G (UK)
>=20
> It's been my perception that 70-76's vintage Yamahas had quite soft hammer=
s=20
either from the press or by voicing so they would sound at their peak in the=
=20
showroom, and five years later they would be snarly and hardened. Is this a=20
perception others on the list have as well ?
Glenn C.