Wanted Acu-tuner -3

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:33:22 EST

   Hey Terry
    I apprecuiate your fair minded & objective veiw point. When you can say"
even on spinets" now that's saying something. I'm checking out the VT.
   Thanks--Dale
Most certainly some better designed pianos come out just fine with what the
SAT calculates - but even still, you still need to listen carefully to make
sure (not that you turn your ears off with the VT, but with its use, you soon
learn that it is simply always spot-on (or at least as near as one can reasonably
imagine) - even on the spinets). And please realize I am not trying to
denigrate the wonderful little SAT3 - it is a fabulous tool. I'm just stating what I
have observed to be the difference between the two machines. Perhaps my
statement reflects the type of pianos that some of us commonly tune. I tune about
378 Winter and Aeolian spinets for every Steinway B I see (I even see more
Tom-Thumb-type pianos than big "B"s). I reckon that makes a difference!  ;-)

IMHO, when I can autopilot through the bass break terror on a "Grand" spinet,
I find myself much more pleasant to my family that evening!

Terry Farrell
----- Original