Rib Gluing Repair

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 07:07:47 -0600

>This is my IRATE customer from last week. I am going to take Ron N.'s
>advise and exhaust the possibility of a penny or paper clip on the panel
>first (I've got my lights and mirrors and search-sticks).

It's probably not a paper clip or penny. I expect it's something thicker
that is just barely touching the plate, hence the noise stopping when you
touch the rib. That's the voice of expensive experience. And if you don't
find it - look again and mentally envision every possible spot under that
plate where something could hide from direct observation. Be VERY sure it's
the rib before proceeding. Hint: the noise you hear when setting the piano
on it's side is the object you didn't find by inspection, falling out from
under the plate, producing an interesting mix of relief and embarrassment
in all present. If you have to attack the rib, lay the piano down. It's a
serious repair, and should look like one - but it had better be fixed when
the piano goes back up.

>And believe it or not, she can't be there again - YIKES!
>
>Terry Farrell

Then don't go until she considers it important enough to attend. She's only
irate now because of ignorance, and will remain irate through ignorance
until she learns first hand what fixing that little problem that you didn't
casually take care of for free, takes.

Ron N