Terry's irate customer

Robin Stevens mmrr6596@bigpond.net.au
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 07:25:29 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

Terry...When the customer first rang re having her piano tuned, did she say
anything about buzzing notes? I ask this because a big majority of customers
will assume that any, and every problem is fixed just by tuning. I too have
found out the hard way.

Once you have been involved with the piano you immediately are guilty of the
"It was all right before YOU touched it" scenario.

I always make a point of asking a customer BEFORE I touch it are there and
mechanical problems/noises/squeaks/rattles. And, especially if no one is
home I ask them to put any mechanical problems down on paper, That way you
can hopefully avoid that irate phone call.

Once the customer thinks that your work is not good enough it is a hard road
back. I also agree with what the others that say....she has to be be!!!

Best of luck
Regards

 Robin Stevens
Convener "INTUNE SA 2004"
22-25 July 2004 Corus Grosvenor Adelaide SA
08 8633 0533 mmrr6596@bigpond.net.au