Terry's irate customer

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:25:40 -0500

And luck was with me. I visited my (formerly) irate customer this =
afternoon. A HUGE THANK YOU to Ron N. for stressing the likelihood of =
the buzz coming from a foreign object (I owe you several beers at the =
next convention). I trolled around under the plate with my soundboard =
steel with my irate customer hovering over my shoulder. After several =
minutes of finding nothing, I noticed a hard object under the plate =
where many plates will have a nosebolt - but this piano did not have one =
there. So I poked and prodded and then all of a sudden a cut glass bead =
from a long-gone chandelier shot out from under the plate. Played a =
little game of hockey getting it out from beneath the backscale strings =
and handed it to her. Played piano and the worst buzz was gone but there =
was still a minor one. A little more exploratory down toward the bass =
and another glass bead squirted out from under the plate. Play piano =
again and all was no-buzz except for about six bass strings - but those =
buzzes sounded more like a rattling bass string. Gave each of them a =
twist or two and finally the piano was buzz free!

She insisted on paying me, which I did not argue about. She was thrilled =
and asked me if I could clean the strings and soundboard next time I =
tune the piano.

All's well that ends well.

Terry Farrell

  ----- Original Message -----=20