Value of 1880 Bechstein no. 11,212

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 16:27:33 +0100

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

>List
>I need some feedback. I looked at a remarkably well preserved
Bechstein. 6 1/2 ft in rosewood grand. My Dads shop finished &
>strung it 23 years ago. Quite a good sound for a 123 yr. old board.

Amazing aint it ? :)

>Original leather covered hammers.agraffes to the top, violin bridge,
big tail. Perfect ivory. The sound is a little woody in the top. I find
the old designs with >agraffes all the way up to be a bit weak but this
was not bad. The rosewood case has nice carved legs, round fallboard, &
beautiful cutout type music >desk. I have trouble getting excited about
pianos this age but someone would. I need a range of evaluation for
insurance purposes. I have an idea but don't >want to say till Ihear
from some of you who perhaps have a better grasp of this market. Oh, it
has a 3 legged matching original stool as well.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.