OT was OOheeee! An Increadible find.

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:40:23 -0600

Reminds me of the man who found a very old painting AND a very old
violin at a garage sale. Paid $10 for both. Took them to an appraiser
who informed him that he had, in his hands, a genuine Rembrandt AND a
genuined Stradivarius!

So naturally he asks "What are they worth?"

"Well," said the appraiser, "Nothing really. You see Rembrandt made
lousy violins and Stradivarius couldn't paint worth spit."

Hopefully the Broadwood is worth something to someone. One place you see
them is in restored period houses at historic sites. I know, for
example, that there is one in the parlor of one of the tour houses
(Heber C. Kimball home, I think) in Nauvoo, Illinois. Definitely behind
the velvet rope and has a nice little "Please Don't Touch" sign on it.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

---