More on the Broadwood piano

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:59:46 -0800

Rob said: "If it could talk what stories would it tell?  =
What music did it play?  Can you hear the voices of Christmas carols =
gathered around it?  Amazing isn't it.  Ladies and gentlemen THIS is =
what makes the business worth all the trouble and is precisely why I =
became a piano technician.  It's not just the piano, it is also the =
living history which embraces it.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

Rob,
It's not often that a tech has these sort of feelings towards "Ancient
Instruments". Welcome to my club!!!! (And Jack Wyatt's<G>) Although I was
tempted to copy/paste almost all of your post, I didn't for brevitie's sake.
Your post is precisely my feeling for all of the "Weird" stuff that I
service, on a regular basis. Sometimes that feeling is almost
overpowering!<G> Again, Welcome to the club.
Very Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I

P.S.
NOW.....ya have to get the book: "By Appointment", which is the history of
Broadwood & Sons. It makes fascinating reading. I believe it is
out-of-print, so you'll have to HUNT for it. The only copy I have access to,
belongs to my collector. I'm hoping to get a copy for myself, one of these
days!<G> (hint, hint)<G>