Steel/Jig Strength

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:13:43 EST

rmarkets.com/"> http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/</A>
> =A0.=A0 Great place. They have anything you might want and will cut to you=
r specs.=20
> Just order, load up your trunk, and assemble your jig (well, almost that=20
> easy).
>=20

Weeell, I don't do it for the recycle, just that steel-to-order was $1.80 a=20
pound last I ordered, plus $15.00 cut charge. I pay 20 cents a pound and tor=
ch=20
cut is free at the yard I go to. Depending on if your jig is trunk size. I=20
thought we were talking a bit larger. Again, it may seem tacky for a skilled=
=20
Piano tech to be out scrounging, but I have a two-axis bridge hoist in my sh=
op=20
that will lift a half ton anywhere in a 20 by 35 foot area, and I paid just=20=
$320=20
for it. To be fair I picked up a few boat anchors as well, experience tells.=
=20
If you could draw a sketch it may be easier to suggest.
Glenn C.