grand hammer hanging question

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:02:40 +0100

That seems like a little short distance between flange center and hammer
moulding center. 124-127 cm... are you sure thats spec ? Ask Don
Mannino... he'll no doubt know.

An action not able to regulate because you cant screw up the let off
button enough would point me first in the direction of a bore length
problem. Are you sure the hammers you are replacing are origional ?
Perhaps they were so worn down and/or reshaped that they simply werent
long enough ?

As for the straight line bit... no real rule says you have to have them
in a straight line... looks nice tho :)... but actually, if want the
most out of the sound, then the priority should be the strike point for
each string. Unless you are routined at finding that tho, might be
easiest to keep on the straight and narrow as it were. If you do vary
the line, you can also fudge a bit on the rake if you need to.... tho I
wouldnt get carried away with that.

RicB