Broadwood grand

Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:54:30 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barrie Heaton" <piano@a440.co.uk>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 11, 2003 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: Broadwood grand

> In message <01b101c3a860$bafbd960$7fe2b1d8@Mainddf>, Delwin D Fandrich
> <pianobuilders@olynet.com> writes
> >Thanks for the pictures. But...what I'm really interested in is some
scaling
> >information on a few of these. You know, string lengths, diameters, etc.
> >Does anybody have anything they'd like to share?
> >
> >Del
>
> I am de string a        Broadwood  7'6" w 4'4"  span 6 1/4 C to A
> Boudoir Grand   Serial number 8524 c1875 Tomorrow not original strings.
>
> What  info would you like.  It would have to be in  mm
>
> I can lay a ruler on the strings and take lost of photos as well if that
> is any help
>
> Barrie

What I would need is an accurate measure of the string lengths -- to the
nearest millimeter -- and the diameter of the strings taken with a
micrometer. In the bass section I would need the diameter of the core wire
and then the overall diameter of the wrapped section.

>From this we can calculate the actual tensions used along with
inharmonicity, etc.

It's probably more than you're going to want to get into. But thanks for
offering.

Del