Sostenuto flange replacemement

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:01:47 EST

Greetings,

              I was called to tune a PianoDisc grand piano mfg'd by Young
Chang. Finding c#63 seized, I removed the action drawer only to find a sostenuto
flange lodged there, causing the problem. It was removed easy enough, and the
key plays fine, but how does one re-pin the flange back in the trapwork?   I
know how to re-pin, however I never removed the trapwork on a grand. Is this a
common occurance that one of these pops out, or did I come upn the obscure?
 Piano is owned by a small hotel. The owner claims it happened while it was
being played for a wedding.

Julie
Reading, PA