Piano Empty Trees WAS Re: Help with Steinway Model..

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:35:48 -0800

software:
record: Goldwave 4.2x
convert:  Lame 3.91

hardware:
2 cheap ($20-$30) Radio Shack microphones
~$100-150 Ramsey mixer
computer with on-board sound

I have a problem, though, although it may not be obvious on the
recordings.  I keep running out of keys.  I would like to be able to play
something like
http://pianoplayer.hey.nu/pianosongs1/idktb290-endfadeout.mp3 (converted
from a Canon PowerShot A70's low-quality movie mode), but my piano is
missing some keys on the low end.  Any suggestions for a very limited
budget?  "De-tuning the low A" might be an option, but I would prefer it
to have a good sound, too, with a low end at LEAST as good as the
aforementioned mp3 or http://pianoplayer.hey.nu/pianosongs1/2/ (recorded
with a RipFlash Plus).