Steinway oddity/plate-tail embossing

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:17:21 -0000

Hello Jack Wyatt & list
AS you see I've had the temerity to add to the "Subject"
You wrote:"The numbers cast in plate at left rear are 29/8.96. with more =
information we ay be able to pin down the left shift right shift =
time-line closer."
I am contacting the S&S UK Technical Manager by phone on Friday - when, =
I am notified, he will be in his office. With 44 years with the company =
he must know a bob-or-two... Yes? I shall ask his advice on all these =
issues:
All the info on:
1. the tail-plate embossing.=20
2. On the 6' 4" and
3. on the (R) or (L) una-corda action direction.
BTW the Ibach grand does go (L) for una-corda.
So if anyone on the list wants me to ask this S&S guru any pertinant =
questions post to the list within 24hours from.... NOW! =20
As I said in an earlier posting...."Watch this Space!"
Regards
Michael G (UK) not far from the cold English Channel (ou Chanel as ze =
French 'ave it!)