Creating an action from scratch

Mike Bratcher MBratPianos@indy.rr.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:01:05 -0500

I also have a Knabe 6 footish grand.  It's been on its side for a while, =
I haven't looked at model or serial.  But, I also might have some =
measurments to offer.

Mike Bratcher
MBratPianos@indy.rr.com

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 9:05 PM
  Subject: Re: Creating an action from scratch

  Sounds like a daunting, but interesting task. I guess what you would =
need to do is start at the strike line across all the strings and work =
out to the keyfront from there. I've never done any such thing - would =
sure like to keep abreast of what you do though. I have a 1902 6' 4" =
Knabe in my shop right now for a complete remanufacture. Perhaps if your =
plate and action cavity are similar, I might be able to help you with =
some measurements off my Knabe?

  Terry Farrell

  ----- Original Message -----=20