action brackets needed

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:19:23 EST

> Eduardo Ch ,

Two years ago I ran into exactly the same problem, on the same brand piano,
only I wasn't the first person to work on the action.  Someone else has
modified the rails, moved the let off rail, among other changes to accommodate pot
metal brackets.  This is one of those jobs which will test how well you really
understand action geometry.  Don't trust any measurements with the existing
brackets because they have changed their shape and do not give a reliable example
of what you should try to duplicate.

You will have to do some modifications either to the action rails or the
brackets to get a working geometry.  If you have never delved into action geometry
issues this may be a bit overwhelming at first.  Hit the list archives, Nick
G. has a program I understand could help with this, though I haven't had a
look yet.  Feel free to email me privately if you would like.

Andrew Remillard
ANRPiano.com
ANR Piano Service
2417 Maple Ave