Bad Rap

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:18:38 -0700

At 08:53 AM 11/24/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Does this mean I'm going to be doing my best work seven or eight years
>after I've passed on? Sounds like there may be hope for me yet.
>
>Del

Maybe, but you won't really be, uh.... dead. Your heart will be
producing.... you got it............ false beats.

As to the actual "Bad rap" theme.... I've gotten to the point where I don't
put any stock in what the customer "remembers" unless they kept the invoice
from the last tuner. Ron's "dog years for pianos" are real common out here,
where there's no rust and quite often the dern things DO sound good for
years. The ongoing drought has created some interesting stability
situations. On the other hand (you've got different fingers), those
customers without swamp coolers (evaporative house humidifiers) have
experienced less stability than usual.
Back to "Bad Rap"... good general rule is to give the last guy the benefit
of a doubt, unless there's real solid evidence of ineptitude. Even then,
it's almost impossible to know what kinds of constraints may have limiting
his/her actions.

Peace,
Guy

"Never cut what you can untie."