Hammers- alcohol treatment/Isaac/steamer

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:06:58 -0000

Hello Elian & list
Elian wrote:"I bought one of those inexpensive steam gadgets to take
wrinkles out of ties
and shirts."  I bought an electric coffee milk frother (for cappucino) with
the intention of using it as a steam generator in removing glued-on felt.
Quite successful. Anyone had experiance of using this for hammer-steaming? I
guess a "steamer is a steamer is a steamer"? It has the usual chrome pipe +
nozzle and the unit is about the size of a small vacuum flask - but it does
get HOT! so kitchen gloves are needed.
Regards
Michael G (UK) where the sun is just going down over the South Downs (yes!
SUN!!)