Hammers- alcohol treatment/Isaac

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:45:57 -0000

Hellooo Avery T
Thanks for your answer:" How often have you voiced an upright action with it
in your lap?
Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)"
(I rather asked for that didn't I?:-)
"Hammer Iron picture is from the H.J. Fletcher & Newman Ltd. webpage.
The main difference is the one we're talking about is electric."
Yup... I have F&N's cat next to me. Didn't know there was an eclectric
version...
And:Yup
"2.  Yamaha style voicing Blocks. 8" & 2 1/2" Length"
What do these look like?"
Thanks to Andre Oorebeek in his amazing cat: www.grandpiano.nl I have found
a piccy of a set of blocks such as you describe.

I've tried but I can't find a picture. It's just a wedge shaped
block of wood the app. dimensions listed above which is inserted
behind the wippens and in front of the backchecks (after the hammers
are lifted out of the way, of course) and then the hammer tails rest
on that block for support while voicing. With steam, needles, whatever
when the hammers need support.

Thanks for this too - it all makes obvious common sense. I must be getting
mental aberrations in my aged state....;-)
Regards
Michael G (UK) on a clear sunny morning in the Sussex Downlands