Hammers- alcohol treatment/Isaac/catalogues

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:27:43 -0000

Hello Avery T and list
This business about catalogues - I down-loaded the Jahn pianoteile cat the
other day as it had some fantastic tools in - the like of which I've never
seen, but dream't about (hey that looks kinda poetic... "dream't") They very
kindly sent me the whol thing. Very nicely laid out and there's a price-list
available in English. Go to www.pianoteile.com and log on using  >
Klavierbauer < as a password. Is the Schaff cat on the net? Andre Oorebeek
is - go to: web site www.grandpiano.nl at : materials". Good site for
hammers, hammer assemblies, special hammer glue, levers (whippens), strips
of damper felt (though I prefer sets of ready-cut) reeled strips of bushing
cloth. Seems to be all grands - but that's good to know (GTK)? Fletcher and
Newman is on the internet as well - go to: www.fletcher-newman.co.uk They
have included tools which I have developed from a different use - such as
dog claw clippers for very close-tolerance hammer shank cutting. Good one
that! I know it's been in the catalogues now for years, but it was years ago
that I first told them of my discovery. I've also developed a pliers to
squeeze the single whippen/jack spring close to the coil for spring-tension
adjustments. Easy to make them stronger... but to weaken them "in-situ" is
what this does. It works too!
Enough of this!
Regards
Michael G (UK) 'Tis dark now in the Sussex Downlands