Glue

Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:38:07 -0000

Hello Dave Porritt
Since you said:
 " I'm going to hang a set tomorrow so there's no time to order the =
special glues, but I'm going to put in the countersink on the hammers =
and try that."
I always use PVA white woodworking glue - I'm hoping to try Andre =
Oorebeek special glue but you've run out of time I see. The PVA requires =
no preparation, is applied straight form the container (which usually =
has a nozzle) or it can be decanted onto a plastic lid (say) and applied =
by brush or tooth pick. Even if the brush gets solid from forgetting to =
rinse it out after a good soak in ordinary cold tap water completely =
cleans it out. I did that last night - I forgot. So no problems there. =
PVA glue has yet another property - thinned down with water it can be =
used to give a binding finish to a new concrete floor before putting =
down wood blocks. I've done it. It works. Thought you'd all like to know =
that!
Regards
Michael G (UK) where we're preparing for the week-end in the Downlands =
of Sussex. It was down to 0 deg. this morning  Br.r.r.r