Dummy Damper/Tom

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:07:09 -0600

At 1:57 PM -0500 11/29/03, Tom Driscoll wrote:
>Keith,
>	Respectfully I think your missing the concept here.

If you have been reading all the posts thus far sent by me, it eludes
me how you could say such a thing.

>... The
>dummy is not a shortcut . It's a simple and effective method to keep the
>lift rod away from the levers.

I perfectly understand what you are declaring. I just don't accept it.

To repeat my position: I am asserting that the auxiliary damper
lever's primary purpose is not for such a thing at all, but was
introduced with the two lift rod pianos in mind to keep the two rods
acting as though they were one.
>  The squeak as earlier mentioned is a
>common problem but an easy fix.

The squeak was never an issue with me. I agree with you. Of course
the squeak can be remedied.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician