Dummy Damper/Tom

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:05:48 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Keith McGavern
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2003 9:53 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Dummy Damper/Tom

At 6:10 PM -0500 11/29/03, Tom Driscoll wrote:

... It seemed to me that because you observed some vertical

actions where the design made the dummy unnecessary, you contended that

it was superfluous in all actions without the split rod--

You've hit the nail on the head, my friend! In a properly designed and
adjusted damper systems that is exactly what I do contend.

Sincerely,
      Your comrade,

        Tom Driscoll RPT

Keith McGavern

            Keith,

            My last word here---I promise!!!  If the auxiliary damper is
incorporated in these actions they are properly designed .Just my
opinion.

            Your amigo

            Tom Driscoll RPT