Things NOT to do, number 4,837

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:40:48 -0500

Was driving back from a customer's house today (yes, Saturday, special
call) when I began to feel increasing discomfort in the right pants
pocket area of my leg. It finally got so intense that I reached in my
pocket and pulled out the brand new alkaline 9-volt battery I had stuck
in there earlier. It was VERY hot=97too hot to hold in your hand for =
more
than a second. It had been shorting out against coins and keys in my
pocket--and the was starting to break open!=20
=20
Oops. Ow.=20
=20
Alan R. Barnard