Hamamatsu Museum of Instruments

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:52:21 +0200

Calin Tantareanu wrote:

> [...]

Yep.. got that from Ron O's replies. Didnt quite understand thats what
you were saying at first.

> --It looks though like they tried to give the bridge a
> certain footprint because they wanted it to touch the soundboard at
> particular places.--

This sounds familiar actually. The talk that Steingręber gave in
Helsinki comes to mind.. tho he was more refereing to how and why he
went about soundboard thining around the edges and along the bridge
itself.  Still... rings a bell a bit.  Well well.. obviously they had
something in mind.

> Haven't really looked into this and since I'm leaving tomorrow for a
> month to Berlin, I will study my Steinway when I get back home.

Have a good trip there Calin.. Cheers
RicB