Tuning Tests at the Yamah Academy

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:38:26 +0200

David Love wrote:

>A change from 438 to 440 would be more like 8 cents.
>
>David Love
>davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

David :

Ah yes... sorry for any misunderstanding. I meant to say 2 Hz  and it
came out 2 cents. Thanks for spoting that. Grin... thats what happens
when you are not used to thinking in cents.  Funny... the only time I
think in cents is when I want to describe the stretch in the high
treble... and only then to clarify what a  3:1 12th stretch comes out
to. In the bass I simply think octave types, and in the temperament
range I think bps.

Marcel :

I am curious as to why Marcel would think that a 2 cents pitch raise
would make more sense.. thats like from 439.5 to 440.   Do you feel
pitch raises should be left out of the whole thing?

Cheers
RicB