Keytops

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:52:33 -0700

Nope.  Ivory, rarely, can come in 1 piece.  I believe I've seen a=
 Yamaha with 1 piece ivory...?   Ivory has a distince grain,=
 circular possibly, swirls and is somewhat different from key to=
 key.

David I.

From: Matthew Todd <pianotech88@yahoo.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Keytops

Is it true in EVERY circumstance that all ivory keytops have two=
 parts (head and tail), and plastic tops come in one piece.  Or=
 are there other ways to tell the difference?

Someone on the list told me that I can never ask a stupid=
 question, so I guess this is a test.  I am just starting out,=
 but thanks!

Matthew

Do you Yahoo!?