steinway of unknown vintage (correction & pics)

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:13:05 -0500

At 7:31 PM -0500 7/31/04, Keith McGavern wrote:
>There is one other place that hasn't been mentioned. The Steinway
>diagram I have calls it the crossblock.
>
>This is above the pedal lyre where the wooden braces connect. It
>won't be very visible, and I have seen serial numbers there on other
>Steinway grands.

Tom, List,

I decided to check a few Steinway grands and discovered I have
incorrectly identified the location mentioned above.

So here are two pics: one showing the correct location which is
called Bottom Bridge on the Steinway & Sons Grand Piano Cross Section
diagram, and the other, the lyre stick location.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician