Rescaling questions

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:44:31 -0400

Hi David,

I'm far from an expect on such matters, but I'll comment on your
inharmonicity question.

I think the main issue is to ensure a smooth progression of
inharmonicity from string to string. I don't mean to discourage use of
that website or their software, but I think it's important to mention
that with such a method at any particular point in the future we may
very well discover another element of producing sound that we didn't
previous know of and calculate into our scale/piano designs. What the
most important factor in the end is always "how does it sound?".

- John