Metric Center Pin Sizes

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 05:25:24 -0400

I would have to agree with Jurgen that it seems rare to run across a =
North American tech that is aware of this method. I took the pinning =
class from Joel Rappaport years ago at a convention where he used the =
long pin rods. If I have just a couple flanges to repin, I use single =
pins. But if I am doing a bunch of 'em, I use the rods. I'm quite sure I =
bought my rods from Renner.

Terry Farrell

  Jurgen,=20

  If you're talking about what I "think" you are, the Rappaports beat =
you to=20
  the punch years ago! They've given classes on it at the conventions.=20
  Avery,

  I never claimed to have come up with something new.  This method is =
still virtually unknown in North America, perhaps exactly because it has =
been years since it was last shown.  What IS new (as far as I know), =
however, is the availability of these center pin rods in North America.

      If anyone is interested in these rods, visit my website:  =
www.pianofortesupply.com

      Avery=20

      Try:  http://www.pianofortesupply.com/centerpins.html
      I have yet to upload more information, but there is a picture.

      Jurgen Goering
      Piano Forte Supply