Rescaling questions

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 05:59:01 -0600

Hi Ryan,
Yes this is so. The wire thinks that it is shorter ( if it has a brain =
<G> =20
and the little hootch e goo is longer but the string length is the same.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: ryan sowers=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 12:43 AM
  Subject: Re: Rescaling questions

  Joe stated that:=20
  > > Inharmonicity works in relation to tension. If the=20
  > > tension goes up, so does Inharmonicity=20

  I was simply stating that increasing tension on a wire actually lowers =
its inharmonicity. Of course, if you raise the tension of a particular =
note by increasing the wire size you will get a net gain of =
inharmonicity, but this is due to the greater stiffness of the thicker =
wire, not the greater tension.=20

  >=20
  > ----- Original Message -----=20
  &! gt; > > were "copy-cat" types and the "copy" got lost in=20
  > the=20
  > > > translation! Doing lots of scales & putting them=20
  > > > into practice, (ie rebuilds on your stuff<G>),=20
  > is a=20
  > > > big help in coming to the conclusions that will=20
  > work=20
  > > > for you and the pianos you are re-whatevering.=20
  > > > Or.....you can send the scale to someone like me=20
  > or=20
  > > > Del or Ron or...????? and let them figure it=20
  > out.<G>=20
  > > > Best Regards,=20
  > > > Joe Garrett, R.P.T.=20
  > > > Captain, Tool Police=20