Rescaling questions

ryan sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:43:59 -0700 (PDT)

Joe stated that:
> > Inharmonicity works in relation to tension. If the
> > tension goes up, so does Inharmonicity

I was simply stating that increasing tension on a wire actually lowers its inharmonicity. Of course, if you raise the tension of a particular note by increasing the wire size you will get a net gain of inharmonicity, but this is due to the greater stiffness of the thicker wire, not the greater tension.