Metric Center Pin Sizes

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:28:43 -0400

Hi Joe,

Well yes, and perhaps, no. I not sure you are understanding exactly what =
Jurgen is doing (or maybe I'm not understanding you!). The rods ARE the =
center pins. The one end is filed rough and serves as the broach, the =
next section of rod/pin is used to burnish the bushing, then the flange =
is assembled with the shank (or whatever) on the long rod and the rod is =
then cut flush with the outside of the flange. He does not use the =
little ready-made 3/4" long center pins that the supply houses sell.

The long length of the rod make for a very efficient burnishing tool.

Terry Farrell

www.farrellpiano.com

  Hi Jurgen, that is similar to what we do here except the broaches are =
much shorter making it easier to fit in the tuners kit. Are your rods =
made of brass or steel?
  Joe Goss RPT
  Mother Goose Tools
  imatunr@srvinet.com
  www.mothergoosetools.com

    Jurgen,=20

    If you're talking about what I "think" you are, the Rappaports beat =
you to=20
    the punch years ago! They've given classes on it at the conventions.