Metric Center Pin Sizes

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:54:36 -0600

Hi Terry, Yes that is what I had in my mind that he was doing . Just =
wanted to be sure. At some point the rod must become too short to use =
and you need another.
I sure like the background that Jurgen is using.  I can clearly see the =
field of type. Much better for me than B&W
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 7:28 AM
  Subject: Re: Metric Center Pin Sizes

  Hi Joe,

  Well yes, and perhaps, no. I not sure you are understanding exactly =
what Jurgen is doing (or maybe I'm not understanding you!). The rods ARE =
the center pins. The one end is filed rough and serves as the broach, =
the next section of rod/pin is used to burnish the bushing, then the =
flange is assembled with the shank (or whatever) on the long rod and the =
rod is then cut flush with the outside of the flange. He does not use =
the little ready-made 3/4" long center pins that the supply houses sell.

  The long length of the rod make for a very efficient burnishing tool.

  Terry Farrell

  www.farrellpiano.com

    Hi Jurgen, that is similar to what we do here except the broaches =
are much shorter making it easier to fit in the tuners kit. Are your =
rods made of brass or steel?
    Joe Goss RPT
    Mother Goose Tools
    imatunr@srvinet.com
    www.mothergoosetools.com

      Jurgen,=20

      If you're talking about what I "think" you are, the Rappaports =
beat you to=20
      the punch years ago! They've given classes on it at the =
conventions.