Metric Center Pin Sizes

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:38:57 -0500

>The rods ARE the center pins. The one end is filed rough and serves as the
>broach, the next section of rod/pin is used to burnish the bushing, then
>the flange is assembled with the shank (or whatever) on the long rod and
>the rod is then cut flush with the outside of the flange. He does not use
>the little ready-made 3/4" long center pins that the supply houses sell.

Terry,
'Splain this to me please. I'm having a hard time picturing it. How does
this work when assembling shanks and flanges? If you have one end of the
long pin flat from the last cut and one end rough for the broach, what goes
through the birdseye, and how do you generate the oomph to push the pin in?

>The long length of the rod make for a very efficient burnishing tool.

The length, and presumably the efficiency of which diminishes with every
flange pinned. How does that work?

Ron N