Pyrotechnics ... Was Ivory Keytops

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:47:28 +0200

A hot  iron and a wet rag, or even a hot gun may work without too much
danger I guess.

But too much hotness and celluloid goes on fire for sure (that is an
element of Nobel power or dynamite if I recall correctly).

Isaac OLEG

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Alan
Envoyé : vendredi 6 août 2004 16:31
À : Pianotech
Objet : Pyrotechnics ... Was Ivory Keytops

Once thought it was a good idea to use a sanding wheel on a Dremmel to
"waterfall" a set of really badly chipped keytops on an old Acrosonic.

Didn't actually set fire to the piano, but there was smoke and flame!

Odd that this should be mentioned in a post today as I am about to do
the
same thing today on an old Gulbransen. But this time I will take my
time and
use a hand-held file.

Boy Scout should carry old piano keys and a Dremmel in their
backpacks.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO