Replacement hammer springs

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@charter.net
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 16:27:02 -0500

Hey Joe,
Gee, that sounds good.  "Just leave it alone if you can't fix it right." =
 Let me remind you that this is an Acrosonic spinet and pulling the =
hammer spring rail would be a lengthy and arduous task.  Leave it =
alone--it would be nice to do it--I would too, if I could, but how do I =
get the hammer to return to the hammer rest rail without the hammer butt =
spring to push it back?  Leave it alone?  I don't think so!
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director
Department of Music
145 Fine Arts Building
University of Tennessee at Martin
Martin, TN  38238
731-881-1852
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 9:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Replacement hammer springs

  Ron asked: "I agree, but... Is there such a thing as an emergency =
hammer spring=20
  replacement?"

  Ron N

  Not that I've found in 32 years! <G>Precisely my point. The advice I =
would give is: Either fix it right, get someone else, who knows how to =
do it right, OR.....leave it alone!<G>
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I